Current corridor lines
by lines & municipalities
Railway Paka–Savinja–Sotla Corridor proposal has several railway lines, presented more in detail below:
- line from Dravograd to Slovenj Gradec and Velenje (currently dismantled)
- line from Velenje to Celje;
- line from Celje to Grobelno
- line from Grobelno to Podčetrtek in Slovenia and further to Kumrovec and Harmica in Croatia; and
- line from Stranje to Rogaška Slatina and Rogatec in Slovenia to Krapina in Croatia.
All five lines are single-track and non-electrified (with the exception of the line from Celje to Grobelno that is double-track and electrified). Railway line from Dravograd to Velenje was dismantled in the 1970s and line from Harmica to Kumrovec has abandoned passenger traffic.
Current corridor length & type
184.1 km |
* With the exception of the line Celje–Grobelno that is double-track & electrified.
Speeds up to 120km/h |
Multi level crossings |
Upgrade proposal is for this corridor to be completely electrified, with remaining single-tracks, speeds up to 120 km/h and with obligatory multi level crossing.
- Mediterranean Corridor, Almería–Valencia/ Algeciras/ Madrid–Zaragoza/ Barcelona–Marseille–Lyon–Torino–Milano–Verona–Padova/ Venezia– Trieste/ Koper–Ljubljana–Budapest with leg Ljubljana/Rijeka–Zagreb–Budapest–Záhony (Hungarian-Ukranian border), established November 10th 2013; with
- Baltic–Adriatic Corridor, Swinoujscie/Gdynia-Katowice-Ostrava/Žilina-Bratislava/Vienna/Klagenfurt-Udine-Venice/Trieste/Bologna/Ravenna/Graz-Maribor-Ljubljana-Koper/Trieste; and with freight:
The Comprehesive TEN-T railway corridors cover all European regions and are expected to be completed by 2050.
European Union (EU) provides funding for railway infrastructure and railway terminals also through EU Cohesion Policy. The co-financing rate of EU grants is up to 85 percent. Funding is channelled through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Cohesion Fund (CF).
Current stand | Upgrade proposal
Re-connecting the corridor
Crossing three rivers Comprehensive TEN-T Paka–Savinja–Sotla Corridor Proposal: Dravograd–Celje/leg Podčetrtek/–Krapina. Drag right/left to see the current stand and proposed upgrade.